Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Streetball Champs

Get ready for a super boring post, but I need a place to vent and this is it. You guessed it, I'm going to talk about fantasy basketball.

It really is amazing. Previously I mentioned that every week someone from my team gets injured. That statement is still holding true with Shaq going down last night. My team would be amazing if I could just keep people off the Injured Reserve list. Here's my list of injuries this year.

Shaq - Strained knee
Kobe - Sprained ankle
Al Harrington - Tendinitis in knee
Steve Nash - Some sort of back problem
Ben Wallace - Suspended for instigating the fight (yes, the fight)
Jim Jackson - Refused to play because he didn't like being traded. Now he's got a sprained ankle
James Posey - Strained right Achilles
Kerry Kittles - Degenerative disc in lower back
Richard Jefferson - Torn ligaments in wrist (out for season)
Charlie Ward - Knee contusion? Is this guy ever not injured?
Vlade Divac - Being way too old

Ok, Vlade Divac was never on my team, but the rest are true. I had to drop the last 4 players I listed because I couldn't take it anymore. Ward was on my team last year and I think he played 10 games total all season.

...and if you're wondering, I drafted Kobe first, then Shaq, then Nash, then Wallace, then Jefferson... and yes each of my first 5 draft picks have been on the bench at some point throughout the season.

Anyway, even with all my injuries (I say that like they really happened to me) I'm still managing a hold on 3rd place in our league. If Shaq can suck it up and play, then I think I can make a late season run for the title. I'm sure you guys can't wait to find out so I'll keep you posted.

...and if you're wondering, my team name is the Streelball Champs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home