Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Wedding bets

I attended a wedding of a good friend of mine in Long Island last weekend. Great times all around. I started thinking about how there are tons of fun things to bet on at a wedding. Here are some of the things that I would have put money on this weekend.

Best Speech:

If the best man is also the brother of the groom, the he's probably the best bet here.

First guy to throw up:
I'm picking the guy who's chugging Johnny Walker doubles like it's his job. I should mention we had the best waiter in the history of waiters. I never got more than half way through my beer without the waiter bringing me another one. Bad news for the guy downing the whisky.

Number of times my date will dance with someone other than myself:
I would have set the over/under at about 4. Anybody picking over would have cleaned house. In all fairness she was the sister of the groom.

Number of times I would trip over the Bride's dress while on the dance floor:
You would think this would be a relatively low number. Maybe it would happen once, but you would have been way off. I had a whooping 3 times with a close call that could have been 4... and yes, I was drunk.

Number of Irish Jigs I would do:

If I were betting, then obviously I would have said 0, however the band was actually a 12-piece Irish band so I would have changed my bet to.... umm, still 0. I would have lost this one since I believe I was out there at least twice jumping on one leg and swinging my arms back and forth. Definitely a dance that becomes more enjoyable the more you drink. I'm just praying the video camera didn't catch any of it.

Number of times the groom's Mom would pull me into the dance circle:

Oh God, did that really happen? Oh God.

What time would I start to black out:

I didn't black out at all... ummm, yeah I'll stick to that story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home