Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Top 10 in 2005

It’s the beginning of the year and I’m bored as hell. So I decided to come up with my list of my top ten things to look forward to this year.


10. More Snow – What the hell? It’s the middle of January and the forcast for the next couple of days is low 50’s and rain. How can I go snowboarding in this? Plus I haven’t been ice fishing once. The first tournament is 2 weeks away and there’s no ice on the lakes! More snow is coming right? Right?

9. Summer Blockbusters - I’m a sucker for over produced, over acted, over directed action movies. I have this great ability to suspend my disbelief even in the most far fetched movie plots. Star Wars III, War of the Worlds, Batman Begins, and Indiana Jones 4 to name a few that come out this year.

8. DMB new album – Spring time. Dave was playing some new songs during his tour last year and they sounded pretty good. Ok, truthfully Dave could play the worst songs ever and I would still probably love it.

7. Horse shoes and Home brew – We just finished our professional horseshoe pits at the end of last summer and didn’t really get to test them out. Plus I started brewing my own beer so that will only increase the enjoyment. Nothing like throwing a couple of shoes and tossing back a few brews.

6. Wilco in DC – This will be my third Wilco concert and they keep getting better every time. I hope Tweedy is supporting the Zach Galifianakis beard.

5. Opening day – Ok, I know it’s sad, but I’m already looking forward to the beginning of this year’s Red Sox season. Also, I can’t wait for fantasy baseball, again sad but true. Since I joined a keeper league I can’t wait to see who’s going to hit the market.

4. Pat’s playoffs – The newest NFL dynasty. Super Bowl party at my place!

3. Trip to Jamaica – Family vacation time. Can’t wait to sit in the sun and take my second try at scuba diving. Maybe swim with a Dolphin or two. I guess I shouldn’t have watched the movie “Open Water”.

2. My raise – The only reason I love February.

1. Schilling vs Johnson – Oh yeah, it’s on now. I can’t wait for this match up. Johnson is already making people hate him so he’ll fit in nicely as a Yankee. He’s quickly becoming one of my top players to root against (deserves a blog of its own). Hopefully when I buy tickets to some late season Yankee games I’ll get lucky and see this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home