Sunday, November 14, 2004

This months odds

I wouldn't say I watch a lot of TV, but on Sundays it's football all day. That being said, I must have seen the Burger King commercial about chickenfight.com around 1 billion times. This got me thinking, are they really going to dress 2 grown men in chicken costumes and hold a steel cage boxing match? I bet the ratings would be through the roof on this.

So I checked it out and it's just some stupid game on the internet. I was slightly disappointed. I was thinking of putting some money down on "Spicy" to win. Not only is the Spicy Tender Chicken a superior sandwich, "Spicy" just sounded like a winner to me.

Anyway, it got me thinking about some other random things that I would like to bet on happening this month. I'm sure you want to know what they are, so here we go.

My dryer (the 3rd one I've owned this month) will be broken in less than a months time (3 to 1 odds)

My cell phone will cut off at least 10 people (10 to 1 odds - this would be less, but I don't get that many calls, although it is a Verizon phone)

I will get more than 37 different offers for credit cards in the mail (2 to 1 odds)

I will be disappointed in the season premier of The Simpsons (4 to 1 odds)

I will forget to watch Scrubs before it's erased from my TiVO (5 to 1 odds)

I will execute at least 3 random fist pumps because I'm still excited the Red Sox won the World Series (3 to 1)

The Sox will claim off waivers some Left-handed pitcher who hasn't played since 2003 because of Tommy John surgery, while 16 other Sox players will file for free agency (wait, that already happened)

It will take me more than 3 hours to get through the security at Newark International Airport the day before Thanksgiving (2 to 1 odds)

George Bush will say something stupid (I'm not even going to put odds on this because I know it's going to happen)

(do I have any takers?)

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Meg: said...

lmao!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home