Thursday, November 11, 2004

Blood loss

I gave blood for the second time ever yesterday, and I almost passed out again. How high is this on the embarrassment scale? I would rate it at a 8 out of 10. I felt like an idiot. I'm not a small person either (160ish lbs).

So there I am, laying on a cot in front of 50 other people waiting to give blood with my feet in the air and staring at the ceiling for 30 minutes. Yes, I did eat before I gave. No I did not get up too fast after I was done. I guess my body just hates giving it's blood away.

On the good side, I did get 4 1/2 hours off work yesterday. Also today and tomorrow off due to Veteran's Day. Got to love government work!

Anything exciting going on in Northern New Jersey or NYC this weekend?

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...had to make a comment.
Up here in the great white north..or canada, the blood services motto is "its in you to give,"
Now i'de thought i'de post this because it struck a bell...
isn't blood in you so you can...live???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home