Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Don't wanna be an American idiot

I am not a very politically knowledgeable person. I'm just an ordinary guy trying to decide who would be the best person to run our country. So I went into this election with an open mind. I wanted to make the right choice so I watched the debates, I did some research, stayed up to date on current affairs, and I came to a decision. It was pretty easy actually. All the research pointed in the same direction. It seemed like it was common sense who was the best choice.

Kerry

He would lift bans on stem cell research (good). He would not mess with the constitution (good). He would keep church and state separate (good). He would improve our reputation with the rest of the world (good). He would improve our economy (not sure if this is true, but it can't get much worse - good). He would improve child education (not hard to do considering Bush's efforts - good). Maybe, just maybe he would sign the Kyoto Protocol (good).

This was an easy decision. This should have been an easy decision. I can't emphasize how easy this decision was. So why did the majority of America choose differently? Well, I've come up with 2 possibilities.

1. I missed something. Something so big that it cancels out all the good that Kerry would have brought to the country and cancels all the bad that Bush has done. How could I miss something this big? Don't know, you tell me.

2. The majority of Americans are morons.

I'm leaning towards the latter. I'd like to think that I did my homework, researched thoroughly, and came up with the right decision. I'm not stupid. I graduated from one of the top 10 engineering schools in the country. I'll have my Master's Degree soon. Is it possible that I am so completely wrong about all of this? I'm willing to bet the majority of American's did NOT do the research that I did. This makes me think I was right after all, I just live in a country full of idiots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home