Monday, November 01, 2004

Movie time!

I saw Garden State a couple of weeks ago. I definitely suggest it. I thought the writing was fantastic. I also enjoyed the camera work, special effects, and there were some great music choices as well (I may go out and buy the soundtrack). There really wasn't much of a plot. Just the young man struggling with his identity and lost childhood. Not much excitement, but Braff (writer/director/star of the movie) truely pulled it off. Braff may have just passed Ed Norton as my favorite actor to watch. I hope he writes/directs/stars in another movie soon. Also, watch Scrubs, it's hilarious.

I went to see Saw last weekend. What can I say about this movie. I guess it sort of proves the Adaptation theory. Wow them in the end, and the rest of the movie doesn't matter. I'm going to say that this movie was mediocre with a good ending. Couldn't have seen that coming from a mile away. I don't want to talk about it too much because I don't want to spoil anything. It's a very disturbing movie and a little tough to watch at times. I didn't find it scary at all, but it was interesting. I would compare it to the movie Seven, but not quite as good. I still have one of the last scenes stuck in my head and it's driving me nuts.

Weird coincidence: I was watching Robin Hood: Prince of Theives before I went to see Saw. Then one of the main characters in Saw was the guy who played Robin Hood in Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Is it weird that I notice these things?

Rented Supersize Me last week. You must see this movie. It's crazy. I feel like I can never eat McDonald's again. Absolutely amazing how bad that stuff is for you. Just watch the movie. Movies never lie!

Next movie I want to see: Team America: World Police

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home