Thursday, October 28, 2004

My thanks

Watching the game last night was like a dream. I knew what was happening, but I kept waiting for something ridiculous to happen. In the 9th inning I thought that Keith Foulke would turn into Mariano Rivera and blow the game at any second. I thought maybe and earthquake, tornado, or volcanic eruption may stop the game from happening. I was waiting to wake up, but I never did. The Sox won the World Series.

It still sounds weird to say it out loud, and I'm still not convinced it actually happened. Maybe Steinbrenner bribed Fox to air a fake ALCS and World Series just to mess with Sox fans. Maybe it's the biggest hoax in history.

But assuming it's all true, I just want to say my thanks to the players who made this come true.

Thanks to:
Johnny Damon - For Game 7 in New York, nuff said.
Manny Ramirez - For hitting in all 14 postseason games, especially HR in WS game 3.
David Ortiz - For the most amazing clutch hitter I've ever seen. Walkoff HR game 3 ALDS, Walkoff HR game 4 ALCS (facing elimination), walkoff single game 5 ALCS (facing elimination). You're amazing.
Jason Veritek - For being the leader of this team, please come back next year.
Kevin Millar - For keeping everyone loose and relaxed. For creating the atmosphere surrounding this team.
Trot Nixon - For sticking with the Sox all this time and getting better every year. For the pine tar on the helmet fad. For your heart.
Bill Mueller - For being the first ever batting champ to bat 8th in the lineup the next year without complaining once.
Mark Belhorn - For your 3-run HR in Game 6 ALCS. That was huge.
David Roberts - Without you, the Sox wouldn't have won. That's how important your stolen base was.
The Bullpen - Deserved the MVP as much as Ortiz in the ALCS. Just an amazing performance, expecially Foulke.
Francona - For not screwing this up.
Derek Lowe - For getting the win all 3 clinchers this postseason.
Schilling - For a performance that will go down in Red Sox history. Forever to be known as the toughest pitcher to ever play the game.
Pedro - For so many memorable performances as a Red Sox. Good luck wherever you go.
Nomar - For making this all possible.

Thank you.

side note: In case you're wondering... I wore my Nixon shirt last night during the game, then slept in it, and am now wearing it at work. Yes, I love the Sox that much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home