Friday, November 05, 2004

My bad habits

Ok, I've been way to lazy to post all of my sports bets so I'm just going to post my results so far. So here we go.

Baseball: 5-4-1
I didn't start putting money on the games till the end of the season, so I didn't get a lot of experience. Plus, I was too emotionally drained to put money on the Sox, so I missed out on their 8-game winning streak. Maybe next year.

Football: 31-26-1
Ok, so this isn't a great record, but it's not bad. I was doing much better at the beginning of the season. So hopefully my luck will change in the next few weeks. Also, Sunday's have become my favorite day of the week once I started betting. I know, that's sad.

Baseketball: 3-1
Starting off strong, but this means absolutely nothing. Hopefully I can keep this up for a while.

So in total I'm up. It's hard to say how much I'm up because I've got a lot of future bets going on (which include a Pats/Eagles Superbowl). Also a bunch of over/unders for baseketball teams total wins. But even if I lose all of my future bets, I'm still up. So I would say I'm doing pretty well. My favorite bet so far was to pick David Ortiz to hit the first homerun of the World Series. I won 40 bucks on that bet.

I'm revising my football betting strategy (which consisted of a combination of my knowledge and Bill Simmon's picks). I will be erasing the "my knowledge" part because it alwasy causes me to lose. So here are my picks for this week.

Lions (-3.5)
Chiefs (-3)
Chargers (-6.5)
Seahawks (-6.5)
Giants (-9)
Vikings (+6) if Moss is available.
Plus one more to be determined. Probably Patriots (-1.5)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home