Saturday, October 23, 2004

and hell froze over

You may have noticed that I didn't post anything during the Red Sox historic comeback against the Yankees. I have 3 reasons:

1. I was not chancing any kind of jinx. I'm not a very superstitous person, but when we are talking about the Red Sox, anything goes.

2. I was in Minnesota. The Marriott was charging 5 bucks for me to use the Internet for 15 minutes. Ridiculous.

and finally...

3. I couldn't think straight. Games 4 and 5 were so emotionally draining, I'm amazed I even made it home.

However, I did write some stuff down before, during, and after the games which I will post individually.

One more thing. I'd just like to remind everybody that I predicted the Sox to make the comeback. Just read my previous post. I was wrong about 2 things though. Schilling came back in game 6 instead of 7, and this comment was way off, "the Sox relief pitching could not possibly hold off the Yanks for 6+ innings." I will stick my foot in my mouth for that one.

Just in case you don't want to read my last post, here is what I said:

"Anyway, I've been thinking and this all makes since. The Sox never make anything easy. If the Sox are ever going to win a World Series, they've got to do it in style. Nothing would be greater than to be the first team ever to come back from a 0 to 3 game deficit.

So that is my prediction. The Sox will rally back after tonight. They finally started hitting the ball so hopefully the rest will fall in place. Schilling will come back for game 7 and shut down the Yanks.

It will happen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home