Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Fullerton family weekend

Lots of stuff happened this weekend. Here's my recap:

My parents and my brother came to NJ to visit. Lots of eating involved. I feel like I gained about 10 pounds. Don Pepe's Steakhouse is still the best restaurant that I've eaten at in New Jersey.

Went to my first Wine Festival at Waterloo Village. It was definitely a fun time. If you like wine, then these are a great experience. It's too bad I'm going to miss the beer festival on the 18th. Well, I guess I can't complain since I'll be watching the Sox destroy the Yankees... and I'll probably have a beer in my hand anyway.

Saw The Producers on Broadway. It was pretty funny and entertaining. The actors were fantastic, but I still think I enjoyed Rent more.

The funniest moment of the weekend was when I heard that Kevin Brown broke his hand by punching a wall. That's 3 weeks that the Yanks are going to be without their best starter. Nice going Brown, you guys are just asking for second place.

My favorite paragraph in the NY Times today:
"For the third day in a row, the Yankees (85-52) succeeded in not losing ground to the Boston Red Sox."
It's funny how the Times tries to make this look like a good thing. They "succeeded" in not losing. It's like they are saying "Hey look, we didn't suck for 3 days in a row!" Congratulations Yankees, you haven't completely blown your enormous 10 and 1/2 game lead, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home