Sunday, August 22, 2004

It's a beautiful day

Today is the absolute nicest day in New Jersey this year so far. 77 degrees, slight breeze, and not a cloud in the sky (yes, I'm still talking about New Jersey). So in honor of such a beautiful day, I decided to go for a run. A 72 minute run to be exact. How far did I run in 72 minutes you may ask? Well, I don't know, I'm too scared to measure it. I'm afraid it would only be like 2 or 3 miles and that would be sad. Lets just say it's closer to 5 or 6.

Anyway, during my run I learned a lot about NJ residents. This is what I learned today.

NJ people love yard sales. Every side street I ran down had anywhere from 2 up to 5 yards sales per street, and all they were selling was crap. Old toys and clothes. Totall yard sales I saw would be in the range of 20ish.

NJ hates dead end signs. I must have run down 4 different dead end streets that were not labeled. Just to make sure I wasn't an idiot, I went back and checked. Yup, no dead end signs. Thanks a lot New Jersey.

There really are some nice sections of NJ, no, I'm not kidding. I ran through some wooded areas and down some trails. I even stopped and sat by a lake for a few minutes. There was actually some nice scenery. Maybe I'm just used to the smell.

NJ people love to talk on their cell phones while driving in their cars. I could add this to my reasons NJ drivers suck. Not to mention this is illegal in New Jersey, the people here just don't care. I'm just happy nobody hit me with their car.

Since my legs have decided not to work for the rest of the day, I'm just going to sit inside and play with my TiVo. I get to watch the Yanks and the Sox in two different games today. Right now the Yanks are losing 4 to 2 in the seventh. If the Yanks lose again and the Sox pull off a win, today just may be the best day I've had in months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home