Monday, August 30, 2004

Weekend recap

Warning! I'm going to start complaining about something that I really shouldn't be complaining about.

So the government is sending me to New Mexico and Long Beach, California for about a week and a half. Why am I complaining about this? Because I have tickets to a Red Sox/Yankees game in the middle of this travel. Right when the Sox have a chance to catch the Yanks, I'm lucky enough to have tickets to a game. I bought these tickets 5 months ago predicting that this would be the best time to see them. Now I'm going to miss the game I've been looking forward too all year.

Ok, done complaining.

Went fishing on Saturday on the Musky up around Saxton Falls. Didn't catch any trout, but I did catch 2 sunfish and 4 chubs. Caught half on a Wooly Bugger and the other half on a grey Caddis. It was fun getting hits on a dry fly again.

Played some basketball on Sunday. What's up with the random old dude who is always hanging around the court? I think every court has it's own random old dude. We had 9 people so we asked him to play with us. It was amazing how bad this guy was. He was on my team and we stopped passing to him because he would just launch the ball over the backboard everytime. He didn't seem to care that we stopped passing to him. I guess he just wanted some friends. Weird random old dude. Somebody shoot me before I become that guy.

The Daily Show had Bill Clinton and John Kerry on recently. Where's Dubya? Does he hate young people?

I saw "Harold & Kumar go to Whitecastle" on Saturday night. Absolutely hilarious. I can definitely say it's the best comedy since "Old School". It wasn't quite as good as "Old School", but still worth seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home