Tuesday, August 31, 2004

It's baseball time

Well, I'm off to see the Yankees play the Indians today after work. I get to watch Vazquez pitch against one of my fantasy baseball pitchers (Jake Westbrook). Guess who I'm rooting for. I'll give you a hint, it's the team that is not evil.

So one of the great things about Yankee stadium is the $5 ticket day. 10 of my buddies and I will be in the bleachers as far away from the field as possible, but that doesn't matter. $5 bucks is worth it to see the Yanks lose in person. Watching them squander their gigantic 10.5 game lead has been such a joy for me. Now I get to be a part of it. Now, I only need to concentrate on not getting shot by some disgruntled Yankee fan.

I have a bad feeling that one of my "friends" will be making signs for the game. They will probably have something to do with the Republican Convention that's in town this week. Hopefully this won't happen, but look as far back as the center field bleachers go and maybe you see us. I'll probably be hiding my face to save some dignity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home