Wednesday, August 04, 2004

No hard feelings

I'd just like to say that I'm not mad at the Sox for trading Nomar. I wish he would have stayed, but it looks like there was no other alternative. I mostly blame Arn Tellem (Nomar's agent) who passed on not 1, but 2 contract extension offers from the Red Sox, and gave no counter offers.

The bright side. I now have 2 baseball teams for follow. The Cubbies have an awesome pitching staff (if they are all healthy), and are looking like the team to beat in the NL. With Nomar's bat, they've got a ligitimate chance at the series. I never really followed the National League very closely before so this will be a new experience for me, and help keep me busy at work.

Speaking of keeping busy at work... check this out. It's a game where a guy is throwing paper into a trash can. This is breaks the roof of the laziness scale. I'm too lazy to crumble up paper and throw it into a real trash can, so I need to simulate it on the computer. Yes, I'm a government employee.

(my high score is 8605... and yes, I know that's unbelievable because I kick ass!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home