Friday, July 30, 2004

A-Job wines again

(Yes, I stole the name "A-Job" from Bill Simmons, but is it really stealing if I acknowledge him?)

I used to have a lot of respect for Alex Rodriguez. I was one of the people who thought he was the best player in baseball. But now that he's with the Yankees, I get to keep a much closer eye on him, since I live in NJ. A-Fraud recently said that he "hates" the Red Sox. That's pretty harsh considering earlier this year he had his bags packed and was ready to move to Boston. Since he went to NY instead, apparently hating the Red Sox was in his contract. It's just a stupid ploy to get New Yorkers to like him. I hope they can see through his BS.

Anyway, the suspensions for last weekend's brawl came out yesterday and A-Sob is quick to start crying his heart out. He thinks it's unfair that he get's punished the same as Tek. He thinks Veritek was the one who started the fight, but let me think about this for a second...

Who got hit by a curve ball (obviously unintentional, I mean who throws a curveball at someone, honestly?) then stares down the pitcher like he's ready to charge the mound? Oh yeah, that was A-Job. Tek was just protecting Arroyo and doing what any good catcher would do. Rodriguez could have just kept walking to first, but instead he decided to stay and yell at Veritek for sticking up for his pitcher. So who started the fight? It was definitely the pretty boy A-Knob.

So since I've seen how much of a cry-baby this guy is, I'm so glad we... and by "we" I mean the Red Sox (yes, I consider myself part of the team)... didn't pick him up this year. Yes, he is a great player, but how can you root for a guy like that. It's like rooting for Barry Bonds, it just shouldn't be done. I'll take Manny over A-Bob anyday.

Oh, and Happy Birtday D-Bone! Thanks for taking your good luck to the Yankees game last night. It's always nice to watch them lose by 8 runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home