Friday, July 30, 2004

I need my ice-cream sandwich

I told myself that I wouldn't post more than twice in one day, but I think I'll make an exception for today. Since I didn't post yesterday, and one of today's was a quote, I'm deeming this post acceptable.

So I'm standing in front of the ice-cream vending machine at work and I'm trying to decide between the Toll House ice-cream sandwich and the ever-so-popular Chipwich. Obviously I go with the $2 Toll House (goodbye coffee money) because of it's superior quality. Easiest decision I've made all day.

As the package falls, I am terror-struck as it gets jammed between the glass and the shelf. I tried shaking the machine like an idiot, but it's bolted to the floor. It also has those "arm-reach proof" doors that you can't reach in. There is nothing I can do, so I stare at it. I just stand there and stare at it for like 5 minutes. As if I can use my mind to will it to fall. As I'm staring, I'm thinking... what is going on in the world? How can we create robots, and computers, and cell phones that can record and send movies wirelessly... but we cannot improve on vending machine design? This has been a problem for vending machines ever since they were invented. How long has this been and why are we not fixing this problem? Nothing pisses people off more then putting money in a vending machine and not getting anything in return.

So there I am, in the middle of the office, on my hands and knees praying to vending machine God and slamming my hand against the inside of the machine hoping for a miracle.... and finally it came down.

Maybe it took me $2, 15 minutes, and a couple of bloody knuckles to get it down, but I got it. There's nothing like a quick 600 calorie snack to shorten up the work day. This was probably the most work I've done at the office in the last month. What am I talking about, it was the hardest I've worked all year. Could you tell that I work for the Government?

(yes, I realize this post was boring as hell... but hey, I didn't force you to read it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home