Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Top 5 scary moments (part 2 of 5)

4. Frostbite scare in Northern Maine

My buddy Dylan and I used to take weekend fishing trips to north central Maine at some point during the summer (ok, we only did it twice). Anyway, this trip happened to be very early in the summer (or late, i never remember), needless to say the river waters were still super cold.

So of course I did not bring proper equipment. I spent hours in the water with a pair of summer waders on, which also had a hole in one leg. After a while, I could no longer feel my foot. I decided it was about time to get out, but I still had to walk a ways through the river to get back to camp.

By the time I got my waders off, my foot was completely white with no feeling. Slowly, my foot started to turn deep purple. This is when I really got scared. I thought my foot was turning black. We were in the middle of the woods and no where near a hospital.

After a consideral amount of pain, my foot eventually turned red then back to normal color. I really thought I was going to lose a foot there for a while. Scary stuff.

...and of course we continued the fishing trip afterwards... hopefully these stories will get better further down the list. I imagined them much more interesting than they really are.

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger ryanflc said...

You've got to be kidding me. Like anyone would actually take advice from someone who posted a sketchy comment on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home