Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Athlete

The newest addition to my Kick-ass Bands column, Athlete. These guys opened for Snow Patrol at the Roseland Ballroom last week. They really put on a great show and got me to buy their newest album right away... and I can't stop listening to it. Songs like "Wires", "24 hours", "Modern Mafia" and "Yesterday Threw Everything At Me" just blow my mind. These guys are really good. I'll be buying their first album soon.

I've been waiting for the Radiohead/Coldplay clone bands to start becoming popular and I think it's now starting to begin. This group includes bands like Keane, Snow Patrol, and now Athlete, all which rock. They don't sound exactly like Radiohead or Coldplay, but I would group them all in the same style. Sure beats the teen girl pop craze we had just a few years ago.

...and by the way, Snow Patrol was a great concert. Even though it was the shortest show ever (just over an hour), they still sounded great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home