Wednesday, June 01, 2005

May Madness

I'm not going to lie, I've been looking forward to June for quite some time. May was just a little too hectic for me. I also wasn't a fan of the 80% chance of rain EVERY day. Anyway, now that it's over, here are the top 6 lessons I learned over the last 31 days:

1. Southern New Mexico sucks. There is absolutely nothing there, and apparently they get snow in the winter time. This state boarders Arizona, Texas and Mexico... and it snows there?!? What kind of state is this?

2. Going to San Diego by yourself isn't quite as cool as it sounds. Especially when you spend all day cooped up in a room with a handful of 40 year olds learning about crap. That's right, crap. At least I got to the zoo... so I could watch lots of animals sleep.

3. I hate moving. Normal people figure this out early on, but for some reason it always slips my mind. I had an entire month to move my stuff to my new apartment, but being the genius that I am, I waited till the last minute. There's nothing quite like a frantic last minute moving frenzy (am I allowed to use the words "frantic" and "frenzy" in the same sentence?).

4. Wine Festivals rock. Especially when you go with about 10 of your buddies and you took a cab so no one has to drive. Truly one of the most fun events of my year so far. I can't wait for the beer festival in June!

5. I love open mic nights. I've been meaning to play at one of these for a while and finally had the balls to get on stage last week. Lots of fun. I had the whole crowd singing "Sweet Caroline" by the end of the night.

...yes, I can play some Neil Diamond. I also know Britney Spears' "Hit me baby one more time". Just happy to get that off my chest, let's continue...

6. I love softball... but starting your own team is a lot of work. Trying to get 16 people to come to a decision on anything is basically impossible. I've got a feeling my team is going to resemble the Cleveland Indians from the movie Major League... minus the winning streak at the end. Our team name is the "Brew Crew", does that tell you anything about us?

... no, none of us are Milwaukee Brewers fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home