Thursday, August 18, 2005

Old man Wells

God damnit Wells, how have you won 9 games this year? I just don't understand it. It makes no sense. The guy is like 100 years old! I feel like any day now his knees could explode (they are carrying a heavy load) or his arm could come flying off and hit someone in the stands.

You may be asking yourself, why am I complaining about a guy who's got a 9-5 record? Well, just take a look at yesterday's game. Well's gave up 5 runs in the first inning to the Tigers... THE TIGERS! Gonzalez, Remlinger and Bradford pitched the final 3 innings and didn't give up a run. How do 3 no-name relievers outpitch our ace... and when I say "ace" I actually mean "old guy who was paid way too much money to come in and take over for Pedro and an injured Schilling". Ok, at least the Tigers are not in last place, but that's only because this year's Royals may be the worst team ever assembled... seriously. Our number 1 pitcher cannot give up 5 runs in 1 inning to a team like Detroit.

The weird thing is, Boston almost won this game! How Wells keeps pulling off wins is a mystery to me.

We won the World Series last year. We completed the greatest comeback in sports history. We humilated the Yankees... ok, I feel much better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home