Friday, January 07, 2005

Top 5 time wasting sites

On a day like today, it can be tough to keep busy in my office. What I mean by that is goverment workers don't like to work on Fridays, so the office is basically empty. So I'm putting this list together as my top 5 favorite web sites to visit when I need to waste some time.

Honorable Mentions

Yahoo Movies - As long as your computer is fast enough, you can watch movie previews all day. Of course when you start watching the previews for Miss Congeniality 2, it's time to stop.
Slick Deals - If you want free stuff, this is the place to go. Check out the forums and you can find all kinds of different useless crap. I've gotten some free tobasco sauce, cheap sunglasses, and some other things too insignificant for me to remember.
Addicting Games - If you like stupid little free games to play, this is your place.

Top 5
5. Boreme.com - This site is the biggest collection of stupid useless things, but is a great source for hilarious emails. I've wasted way too much time seaching through this place.

4. Logan's Mystery of Time and Space Adventure - I know what you're saying, "wow, this kid is a big dork" and yes, you are absolutely correct. Nevertheless, this is still a fun site. There are various puzzles to solve which can waste lots of time on. Also, if you can't figure them out you can aways cheat.

3. Ebay - Not always the best place to buy stuff, but can be hours of fun trying.

2. Any Fantasy Sports Site - You could make the argument that I spend more time at the office working on my fantasy sports teams then I do actual work. I can't get enough of this stuff. Fantasy sports are like a drug and I'm addicted

1. (Tie) ESPN and Sports Guy's World - I'm putting these two together because they are both basically run by ESPN. These two sites are where I spend most of my time when I have no work to do. Which means, this is where I spend the majority of my day. Without ESPN.com I would be lost. It is actually the only site I've ever paid to use (to listen to baseball games over the internet). ESPN.com can be a little slow sometimes, but as far as content goes, I would say it is the best site on the internet.

So when you've got absolutely nothing to do, there are a few good sites to occupy your time. I don't even want to know how much total time I've spend looking at these. It would probably be depressing to know.

Anyway, have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home