Thursday, October 07, 2004

Too early to be at work

Just a few random comments from me today.

How awesome is it that the Daily Show audience was found to be smarter than the O'Reilly Factor audience? I think this is hilarious. Educated people find more entertainment value in fake news than they do in O'Reilly's show.

Also, did anyone hear Stern the other day when they played the clip from O'Reilly's show? One of Stern's listeners wrote the show and signed the note "Jack Mehoffer". O'Reilly said the name multiple times, just proving the intelligence level of his show.

What was Ron Gardenhire thinking last night? Honestly, he screwed the Twins possibly for the rest of the series. Nathan should not have pitched the 12th. He should definitely have come out after his first walk, and I couldn't believe it when he didn't come out after his second walk in a row. You can't give the Yankees baserunners in extra innings, you just can't. Now the Twins probably can't use Nathan on Friday so they better hope Kevin Brown's arm comes flying off like it did against his last game against the Sox, or else the Twins are in trouble.

At least the Yanks didn't cover the spread. Which means anybody who put money on the Yankees, is a little bit poorer this morning. (this comment is for one person in particular)... which brings me to...

If you are a Redsox fan, it should be illegal for you to bet on the Yankees. One of my roommates (left unnamed) did this last night. I felt completely betrayed. I couldn't watch the game with him because he was actually cheering for the Yanks. I then realized that he is not a true Redsox fan. A true Redsox fan would NEVER root for the Yankees.

I haven't gone to bed before 1:30 all week. This is not cool since I start work at 7:00. I'm running on empty right now. I feel like Pedro any time he's left in to pitch the 8th... wait for it...

...thank god Francona didn't leave Pedro in to pitch the 8th last night! The Sox relievers handled the Halo's easily and swiped game two at Angels stadium. It's got to hurt to lose the first two games at home. I think Arroyo has a great chance to end the series on Friday.

Ok, I badly need a cup of coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home