Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Be not so fearful

I saw Wilco last night in NYC. I finally got someone to go with me (thanks Justin). The show was awesome! I'm so glad that my tickets didn't sell on Ebay.

The set was great. They played almost the entire "A Ghost is Born" album. Also some other greats like "Shot in the Arm", "Jesus, Etc." and "I am Trying to Break Your Heart".

I was impressed that they did 4 encore songs, including the best version of "Kingpin" I've ever heard. However, I was slightly disappointed when they ended with 2 new songs (The Late Greats and I'm a Wheel). Imagine my suprise when they came out for a second encore! They played 4 more songs for a total of 8 encore songs! Simply amazing.

The second encore was the best part of the night. "Passenger Side", "California Stars", "War on War", and "Be Not so Fearful". I was pumped when they played BNSF because I had never heard it played with the entire band before. It's a really chill song. It was a perfect way to end the night.

My favorite quote from Tweedy was before "War on War", when he said:

"I hope everyone is going to vote this year, and if you do vote, I hope you consider NOT voting for Bush... (huge crowd applause)... and if you do want to vote for Bush, you should do some serious research first. If you still want to vote for Bush, then you need therapy." (even bigger applause)

after "War on War", Tweedy then says:

"One more thing. Don't let fear decide your vote for you. Have your own voice." As he then begins to sing "Be Not so Fearful".

It was such an awesome concert, I can't wait to see them again. I've seen them in Boston and NYC, my next goal is to see them in Chicago because I bet that would be a crazy show. I know that they just released an album this summer, but I can't wait for the next one. Wilco keeps getting better after every album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home