Friday, September 17, 2004

I don't have a gambling problem... yet

Well, I said a while ago that I was going to post all of my gambling in order to keep myself from developing a gambling problem. I've stopped playing online poker because I broke even and didn't feel like I was getting anywhere. So now I've moved on to sports bets. I started slow last week. I only put money on one game (Minnesota (-7) over Dallas) and ended up winning. So this week I'm stepping it up a bit. Here are my picks for the weekend:

Friday
Red Sox (+140) over the Yankees

Sunday
Chicago Bears (+8.5) over Green Bay Packers
Clevenland Browns (+4.5) over Dallas Cowboys
Seattle Seahawks (-2.5) over Tampa Bay Bucks
Denver Broncos (-3) over Jacksonville Jaguars
NY Giants and Washington Redskins (under 40.5)
Parley of the week: Jets (-3), Lions (-3), Steelers (+3.5)

I understand that some of these are not the safest bets, but we'll see what happens on Sunday. I had to put money on the Sox game too because the Yankees are actually favored to win. The Sox players may not admit it, but they've been looking forward to this series for weeks. Arroyo is pitching tonight and has been great lately. Of course the Yanks have their hottest pitcher (Hernandez) on the mound, but I think the Sox are going to rock him. Also, I'm probably going to put money on tomorrow's Sox game (which I will be attending) .

I'm heading to California on Monday, so this could possibly be my last post until I return in October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home