Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Stern's bad move

While I was spending two weeks in California, compliments of the US Government, I had the pleasure of trying out Sirius Satellite radio in my rent-a-car.

I can honestly say that if you spend a decent amount of time in your car, then don't get Sirius Radio. They play the same songs over and over again. I truely believe that each station only has 20 to 30 songs that they keep repeating. In 11 days, I heard Dashboard Confessionals "Vindicated" 4 times, Cake's "No Phone" at least 5 times, and I lost track of how many times I heard Taking Back Sunday's newest single (I forgot the name of it).

The only thing decent was the comedy station which had some funny stuff, but I also heard some of the same comedy bits multiple times. Also, the comedy stations have commercials! I thought satellite radio was commercial free... well, it's not.

So Howard Stern announced today that he will be moving to Sirius when he finished the last 15 months of his contract. This was a terrible move. He definitely should have gone to XM which is 100% commercial free. I was considering purchasing XM radio if Stern moved there, but I refuse to buy Sirius, because it sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home