Sunday, September 19, 2004

I'm still alive

Well, yesterday's Sox/Yanks game was terrible. The Sox just plain sucked. Somehow Leiber had a no-hitter going into the sixth inning. Jon Leiber! It was crazy.

I also had an unusual experience sitting in the crowd. During the game, I actually had 2 chants directed at me. The first was the "asshole" chant. This started everytime someone wearing Red Sox clothing walked through the bleachers. The whole bleacher section would stand up and point at the Sox fan and chant "asshole, asshole, asshole" until the guy sat down. Of course I had to use the restroom half way through the game, so I got one of these chants started because of my Red Sox hat. I noticed today while watching the game on tv that you can actually hear the crowd chanting this multiple times thoughout the game. Nice New York, very nice.

The second chant was while the song YMCA was playing between the 6th and the 7th inning. Yankee fans (being the clever individuals that they are) instead of chanting Y-M-C-A, they would chant Y-R-U-Gay. Of course since I was the only Sox fan in the area, everyone was pointing at me during the chant.

So sweet, I got called and asshole and gay while watching the game. I stood up and waved my hat around hoping to get on tv, but it didn't work. It just made people mad.

I can't wait for the Sox to beat the Yanks in the playoffs. All the times the Yankee fans chanted "1918" or "Boston sucks" will be shoved back in their faces. They just can't believe that the Sox can beat them. So I can't wait. This weekend really made me hate Yankee fans much more than I already did.

There was one high point for me during the game. After Leiber gave up a hommer to Ortiz, lots of the Yanks fans started leaving. So the crowd was lessened and not quite as crazy. In the 9th inning when the Sox decided to start hitting the ball, there were enough Sox fans in the stadium to start at "Lets-go-Red-Sox" chant. It was awesome. There weren't enough Yankee fans left at the stadium to drown it out. Just proves my point that Red Sox fans are more loyal than Yankee fans.

side note: after Jorge Posada hit his "I can't believe that went over the fence" homerun today, the crowd called for him to come out and tip his hat. Posada stayed in the dugout. What is wrong with Yankee players? Do they realize they are paid to entertain us? If we want you to come out and take a bow, then you get your ass out there and take a bow. Posada is now my least favorite Yankee because he is a jerk and disrespectful. I don't see how New Yorkers can keep rooting for these guys?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home