Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Let's go Pedro!

3 words that make FOX the worst network to show any baseball playoff series: Star Wars Theme. Nuff said.

Well last night was disappointing. Lots of things went wrong so there's no one single person to blame. Take a look at The Sports Guy's running diary during the game (link on the right column of my page). He noticed a lot of the same things I did, like the fact that Tim McCarver doesn't know Bronson Arroyo's name, or which team Arroyo plays for.

Anyway, I'm feeling lucky today. I got up this morning and decided to wear my lucky Morse High baseball shirt. Although we weren't that good, I still consider the shirt lucky. Then while playing Hearts at lunch, I was down 90 to 8. Somehow managed a comback and shot the moon twice in a row to win the game. I'm just feeling lucky, that's all I'm saying.

So Pedro takes the mound tonight and I've got confidence in him. Although the last time Lieber pitched against the Sox, I sat in the bleachers at Yankee Stadium and was verbally and emotionally abused. Verbally by the 100's of Yankee fans who hated my guts, and emotionally by Lieber who pitched about 6 no-hit innings. I still think that tonight belongs to the Sox, Pedro especially. I have a feeling he's going to do something special tonight.

Well, just had to get that out there. We'll see what happens.

Also, what's up with the 8:00pm games? All season the night games started at 7:00, now they're an hour later. Just makes me have 1 less hour of sleep, which makes me have a worse day at work, which makes me not study for my test tomorrow, which makes me... you get the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home