Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Here we go again

Tonight is the first game of the ALCS between the Sox and the Yanks. I couldn't be more excited. This is what I've been waiting for all year.

I could have cared less if the Sox played the Yankees in order to get to the World Series. Some people are saying that it wouldn't be as meaningful if we had to play the Twins instead. I think that is stupid. It doesn't matter who the Sox play. If they played the Twins, then they would beat the team that beat the Yankees. That means just as much. A win's a win.

That being said, we now have the makings of the next historic Sox/Yanks postseason meeting. Anything will be possible during this series (bench clearing brawls, 9th inning comebacks, no-hitters, unexplainable acts of God, etc...). These two teams absolutely hate each other, which means emtions will be flairing. It will be intense, an emotional roller-coaster. I can't wait. I don't care if the games last past midnight, I'm staying up to watch every one (except for when I'm on a plane to Minnesota... damn government training!). I'm not missing a thing. This is why I love baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home