Wednesday, October 13, 2004

and the pressure builds

Well, the Sox just lost game 2. But that's not what's upsetting me at the moment. I was watching the game with 4 Sox fans and 1 Yankee fan. What really made me mad was in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs, the Yankee fan (yes Joe, I mean you) stood up and started chanting "Whose your daddy". Was this necessary? You've already won the game, do you need to rub in in our faces?

I really thought this deserved a punch in the face. I'm not kidding. If anybody in the room got up and hit him in the face, I would have said it was justified. Of course I would never do it because I'm too much of a wuss.

I know this is why sports sometimes get out of hand. People take things too personally and tend to get violent. But this was a personal attack. He wasn't taunting the Sox, he was taunting us and our dignity (which we had very little of at that moment). So thanks a lot Joe, you were a real jerk tonight.

Anyway, Pedro pitched well. It's kind of hard to win when you don't hit the ball. I like Arroyo pitching Friday in Boston so maybe we can turn the series around. Plus the last time we saw Brown we nailed him. I know he was rehabing, but you've got to still like our odds.

I know what you're thinking, but come on. This is Redsox baseball. Nothing is easy and you have to expect this to go 7 games. It will all come down to game 7 at Yankee Stadium to decide who's going to the World Series, and that's an offical prediction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home