Thursday, August 19, 2004

Bad drivers

Between growing up in Maine, going to college in Pennsylvania, and now living/working in New Jersey, I've had a lot of experience driving from state to state. During my travels, I've encountered many bad drivers. I've also noticed a trend in some states that contained significantly more bad drivers than the rest. So now I give you my opinion on the states that have the worst drivers.

This list only takes into account states that I have personally driven through which include: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and Colorado.

5. Connecticut: I don't know if it's the fact that people from Conn. can't drive, the roads are bad, or if there are just too many people driving through at any given time. I can't pinpoint the exact reason Connecticut drivers are bad, but I know it's true. I have never driven through Conn without hitting traffic. Route 84 is an evil, evil road.

4. Pennsylvania: Drivers in Penn. just don't pay attention. Be careful crossing the streets because they may run you over. I think this is because of the abundance of old people driving around the state. South Park's episode about old people driving explans it all.

3. Maryland: Always in a rush. Swerving in and out of traffic like it's their job. I almost got hit twice by Maryland drivers on my last trip from Maine to NJ (no, it wasn't my fault). They must be used to driving around DC because they are always going top speed.

2. Massachusettes: Could easily be bumped up to the #1 spot, but are held back by worthy opponents. Just plain cannot drive. Always driving in the wrong lane, then holding up traffic while they try to merge. I hate late mergers. If I've been sitting in line for 30 minutes, and you try to pass and merge right in front of me, well you are shit out of luck. Mass drivers love to do this.

and finally...

1. New Jersey: There wasn't much competition here except for Mass. New Jersey people are overall bad drivers. No consideration for other people on the road. The concept of a blinker is like a foreign language (other than Spanish because half of NJ speaks Spanish). Their driving behavior is erratic. Sometimes everyone will be driving 95 mph down the highway, while other days the top speed will be 50. I do not understand this. New Jersey also lost points due to their unreasonable car insurance policies. When you can't find insurance for under 2K a year, that's telling us something right there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home