Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Top 5 unknown songs

There is so much music out there in the world that nobody ever hears. This is really too bad because some of it is just amazing. I'm putting together my top 5 songs you've probably never heard of before (probably soon to be followed by top 5 unknown bands). If you love music and are looking for something new to listen to, then here's your chance. I'll be expanding this list to a top 10 list on my Homepage (see my links).

5. Carry This Picture For Luck - Dashboard Confessionals
Ok, I have to admit that I've started liking this band a lot. This guy really puts a lot of emotion into his songs and that's an understantment. The song I picked is really cool and has a cool rhythym to it. Also some talented guitar work as well.

4. Muzzle of Bees - Wilco
The only reason this song is not #1 is because it lost points for Wilco's popularity (since this is a list of not-so-well-known-songs). But I need this song on here because it's amazing.

3. Hello Sunshine - Super Furry Animals
My friend Maria from Lafayette sent me this CD. This song starts out on the iffy side, but really turns out to be cool. Apparently these guys have been around for quite a while, but I had never heard of them before. Very cool song.

2. Aeroplane Over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel
This is definitely a strange band introduced to me by my friend Aaron in Maine. It's a very unique style of music, but definitely a joy to listen to. A great song.

1. Running Out - Goldspot
I put this song at the #1 spot since I don't think many people have heard of Goldspot before and this song blows me away every time I listen to it. It's pretty intense and an awesome song to listen to on the road. They have a really cool website too where you can listen to their EP. I have the link posted under my Kick-ass Bands links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home