Friday, September 10, 2004

No resting your eyes

Ok, since there have been a bunch of sporting events taking place at 9:00 pm or later this last week, I've been having trouble staying up to watch. So it made me think about when is it ok to fall asleep during a game. So here is my criteria for when it's not ok to miss a game because you're tired.

1. If any records are in jeopardy of being broken. Exceptions for dumb records like if Rodney Harrison has a chance to break the record for most fines received in one NFL season (actually, now that I think about it, this is a pretty good record to witness, bad example).

2. If you have money riding on the game. No exceptions.

3. Playoff games unless you could care less about the teams playing, or if the game is out of reach.
-out of reach means... Baseball: last inning down by 5 runs or down 10 at any point, Football: last quarter down by 25 points, Basketball: last quarter down 20 points, Hockey: last period down by 1 goal... ok, maybe 2.

4. Rivalry games. These are always the best, especially when the Yankees lose. Don't fall asleep or you may miss a bench clearing brawl.

5. Your starting quarterback/pitcher for your fantasy league is playing.

If none of these factors are in place, then it's ok to go to bed during the game. Saying you need to wake up early is not a valid excuse to break these rules. I think it's practically expected for you to show up late to work the day after a great game.

Speaking of fantasy football. My team got off to a great start last night. I have Brady at QB (over 300 yards, 3 TDs), plus Graham at tightend who caught a TD pass, and Teddy Bruschi who caught an interception! In just one game, I sky-rocketed into the points lead!

(Sorry if this is boring, but fantasy sports kick ass. Soon I'll be posting the results of the 3 baseball leagues I was in this year, and how badly I failed)

Random Note: Ever been eating cheez-it's while drinking Guiness? It's amazing. Somehow the two compliment each other perfectly. People need to know about these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home