Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The Daily Show and the USA

Anybody watch the Daily Show last night? They had Bill friggin' Clinton on. How in the hell did they pull that one off. I remember when this show consisted of Craig Kilborn spouting off bad one-liners and poking fun of celebrities. Of course I still enjoyed it then, but now it's turned into something else. It's become something important.

Yes, I realize that this is still fake news. I realize that it is on Comedy Central and is supposed to make me laugh (which it does very well). But they still discuss important topics. They make us laugh at the stupidness of politics. They make us realize that this country cannot always be taken seriously. Jon Stewart is a genius. He's very smart and a great interviewer. He can talk about important serious issues and still make us laugh at the same time.

I can't wait till I get TiVo so I don't have to stay up till 11:00 to watch it every night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home