Wednesday, May 24, 2006

SOSH

I registered with the Sons of Sam Horn (SOSH) Message Board yesterday and I'm already hooked. I now have tons of threads to read through while I'm sitting here in my cubical bored out of my mind... I mean... ummmm... I'm not bored... just doing... ummm... research? Yeah research, that sounds better.

Some things I've learned from the SOSH site so far:

1. Referring to Arod as "Slappy" and Mariano Rivera as "Fruitbat" is absolutely hilarious.

2. Many people think DeMarlo Hale would make a good manager for the Sox when Francona steps down. Hey, after Dale Sveum, I'm ready to vote Hale for president.

3. People analyze way too many stats. What the hell is VORP, DIP or BABIP?

4. There is no better place to find current info on injured Sox players. I'm pretty sure I now know how well Coco Crisp handled his kidney stone situation. I mean, who wouldn't want to know about that?

5. The "Who leads off when Coco's back" thread is a very interesting read.

6. For some reason Alex Gonzales is called "Seabass". Not sure that I've figured that one out yet. He doesn't look like Cam Neely, does he?

7. Seriously, too many stats. EqA, PECOTA projections, WPA, BPA rate? My head is starting to hurt.

8. JT Snow wants to be traded (I'm not surprised).

9. Schillings stats before and after his 133 pitch game are scary.

10. No matter what Francona does, somebody is not going to like it.

And I've only been reading posts for 2 days now. There is just so much information on there I don't know if I'll be able to keep up. I'm pretty sure Coco passed another stone since I started writing this post and 7 people have commented on it (ok, I made that up). But seriously, if you need more info on the Sox, you've got to visit this site: Sons of Sam Horn

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Timmah1 said...

You don't have a member account do you? There is a waiting list of over 10,000 for one of those. I had one a few years ago before it got big and let it expire. Yes, I am an idiot.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger ryanflc said...

Nope, just a visitor's account. I don't think I'm knowledgeable enought to post on there anyway. I just enjoy reading along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home