Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Killers and baseball

I heard on the radio today that the Killers are working on a new album due out in September '06. No release date and no title yet. Since sophomore efforts are almost never as good as debuts (exceptions for Coldplay, Wilco and a handful of others), I'm a little worried. However, I'll be sure to order it as soon as it comes out anyway because Hot Fuss was that good

Good words to live by when attending a baseball game below. Quoted from the Sports Guy's website.

You only have eight responsibilities during a baseball game: Take your hat off for the National Anthem; don't take your shirt off; don't bring your baseball glove if you're over 13; don't wear a jersey with your own name on it; don't run onto the field; don't reach into the field of play to grab a pop-up or ground ball if it could adversely affect your team; don't boo one of your own players unless it's absolutely warranted; and don't throw up. That's it. Everything else is up to you. - Bill Simmons

The Sox are in first place! This is a fun team to watch this year. I'm very happy with the acquisition of Wily Mo and my fantasy team will be equally happy with the return of Coco Crisp. I can't wait to see how this team will do in October.

side note: On my fantasy baseball team this year - Manny, Coco, Youk, Nixon & Tek... but Tek doesn't play since Mauer has been on a tear. Just thought it was cool to have the entire Sox outfield on my team. Needed to be mentioned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home