Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Superbowl time!

It’s hard not to brag about my Playoff picks this year. I mean, I’m actually developing a system that seems to be showing promise. Of course I know that I’m fooling myself because there is no way to guarantee gambling picks. I’m just getting lucky. However, I am 8-2 so far for the playoffs, so luck or no luck, I’m still winning money.

…and no, I will not be sharing this system with the world. Just a few picks here and there.

Superbowl XL

Seattle (+4) over Pittsburg
Everybody loves Pittsburg. Everybody! How else can a number 6 seed be favored over a number 1. This just seems crazy to me. With Seattle you get a better offense, better turnover ratio, and 4 extra points. With Pitt you get a slightly better defense, slightly more playoff experience, and slightly more momentum (beat 3 of the best teams in the NFL last 3 weeks). It’s a tough game to pick, but I’m going with the better team.

Rothlisburger scares me in this game. Last year he promised Bettis to get him a superbowl. Now they are in Bettis’ hometown in his last game ever. I have a feeling both of them are going to have monster games. But when you look at it, Seattle is the better team. How can you not pick them. They were the best team in the NFC and Pitt almost didn’t make the playoffs.

Last week: 2-0
Playoff Total: 8-2

Sidenote: Does Lofa Tatupu remind anyone of Teddy Bruschi? He’s just so much fun to watch. Just a little guy out-hustling everyone and making tackles and interceptions all over the field. This guy is going to be a superstar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home