Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Clemens fiasco

This Clemens business is out of hand. Seriously, is it really that important to sign a 43-year old pitcher, who hasn't pitched all season? Can he really be worth 5 million a month? Did he win a championship last year? Am I missing something?

Somebody already tried throwing gas on the fire by claiming he already signed with the Astros, which was untrue. I would be willing to bet that it was just a ploy by Clemens' agent to get the other teams to panic and up their bids.

Personally, I want him to come back to baseball. I want him to sign with the Astros, Rangers or Yankees just to see them overpay him and watch him suck big time. Nothing would make me happier (with the exception of seeing Bond's arms fall off) than to root against the fatty and watch him fail. So much satisfaction to be had here.

Now that I've said something, I know he signs with the Sox, which then in turn ruins this baseball season for me. I can't root for the guy, but I can't root against the Sox. Maybe I can pretend it's 1985 and that he's not evil anymore. I've got a pretty good imagination... naaaw, it's not that good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home