Wednesday, May 31, 2006

...and it continues

I was a little worried that I had just jinxed the rest of the season for the Sox in my last post. I thought Clemens would sign with the Sox and lay a big fat egg on them. I would have loved watching him suck, but I would have hated watching the Sox lose. However, as of this afternoon, Roger announced that he signed with the Astros. Click here for the story.

That made my day. Now I can relax knowing that I can still enjoy watching Sox games and I can still enjoy watching Clemens get crushed. He's old and he doesn't really want to play. If he truly wanted to play for the love of the game, he would not have retired.

I don't want to hear that he retired to be with his family. His entire family plays minor league baseball. There is no way they wanted him to retire. He retired because he's tired of baseball. Why did he come back? How does 22 million sound?

sidenote: I know the 22 mil is prorated... it's still ridiculous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home