Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Division Week

After pulling off a nice 4-0 record for round one of the playoffs, I’ve decided to continue posting my picks until the season is over. Picking 3 road teams in round one was a little risky, but it paid off (literally). This week I’m toning it down to 2 road teams.

Carolina (+3) over CHICAGO
I really wanted to pick the Bears…. I really, really, really wanted to pick them. I love rooting for them, but Carolina just blanked the 3rd best offense in the league last week. So how will the Bears (26th best offense) score any points against them? Sure they are playing at home (it’s cold in chicago) and they’ve got the number 1 defense, but I don’t think it’s enough. It should be close so I’m taking the points.

… yes, I realize that my Super-bowl prediction included the Bears and now I’m picking against them. The Bears could win this game by 1 or 2 and my picks are still safe.

INDY (-9) over Pittsburg
I actually think these teams match up pretty well, but Indy has something to prove. They are at home, all rested up and want to win this for Dungy so they will blow this one out of the water. Plus, they’ve already destroyed the Steelers once this year.

New England (+3) over DENVER
The Pats have allowed 13 points in their last 4 meaningful games (last 2 games of regular season don’t count because they already clinched and were resting starters). 13 points in 4 games! That’s 3.25 points per game! That means they only need 1 point to cover the spread. Ok, maybe Denver is better than the Bucs, Bills, Jets and Jags, but how can you not take Brady and the Pats when they’re getting 3 points?

SEATTLE (-9) over Washington
The Skin’s have been on a hot streak, but they played like crap last week against a Bucs team that probably shouldn’t have made the playoffs. Seattle has a better offense, better defense, better quarterback, better turnover ratio, and they are playing in Seattle. Washington doesn’t have a chance.

Week 1: 4-0-0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home