Friday, October 07, 2005

Football rants

Get ready, here comes my obligatory NFL gambling post...

After I made my first 5 bets for this week, I looked back at the teams I had just put money on...

...Detroit, Miami, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Chicago...

A year ago, I would have punched myself in the face before making those bets.

So I'm looking at the New England/Atlanta game this week and everything tells me to bet on Atlanta. The Pats have a ton of injuries. They looked terrible last week. They are terrible against the run and Atlanta has the number 1 run offense in the NFL... So why did I just bet on the Pats? Because you can't bet against the Patriots. You just can't.

How are the Redskins undefeated? Isn't Mark Brunell 80 years old?... ok, he's only 35, but doesn't it seem like he should be in a nursing home by now?

It is absolutely amazing how easy the Colts' schedule is compared to the Patriots' schedule. I mean, come on. Who is in charge of this? A two-year old could have made up a more fair schedule.

Am I bitter because my picks this year have been about 100 times worse than last yes? Yes, yes I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home