Thursday, December 16, 2004

Goodbye Pedro

I knew Pedro was leaving. I knew he was going to ask for more money than he was worth. I knew the Sox were not going to give him what he wanted. None of that makes me feel any better about Pedro signing with the Mets. The last 7 to 8 years of my life, I've been rooting mainly for 2 guys... Nomar and Pedro. Now, within half a year, both are gone.

Yes, the Sox did win the World Series... a fact I remind myself about every day, so what am I complaining about? Good question. I don't deserve to complain, but that doesn't fix the fact that 2 of my baseball gods are gone.

So how do I compensate for this loss? Two words... Big Papi. As long as Ortiz is around, I will be happy.

Some questions I have about next year:
1. Can we put money on the number of fans that David Wells will punch in the face at Yankee Stadium this year? I'm thinking somewhere near 7.
2. The Wells "8 million over 2 years" contract was a joke right? Right?
3. What happened to Hanley Ramirez? He was my pick as the next "Nomar".
4. Are the Sox trying to collect as many injured pitchers as possible?

The Redsox won the World Series, the Redsox won the World Series, the Redsox won the World Series, the Redsox won the World Series, the Redsox won the World Series, the Redsox won the World Series, the Redsox won the World Series.

Ok, I feel better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home