Monday, July 26, 2004

I Still Love Baseball

Last night reminded me why I love baseball...

The Sox down 2 in the bottom of the ninth... the best closer in baseball coming in to shut them down... the game was all but over.  As I watched this, I was thinking "nothing would make me happier than to see Rivera blow this game." 

Well, my wish came true.  There's nothing like watching your team come back from an almost impossible deficit to win the game with a walk-off homerun.  It was definitely the highlight of my week.  Thank you Bill Mueller.



Also, I need to mention that Kevin Millar has been amazing against the Yanks.  I just glanced over to my TV to see him crush his 4th HR in 12 at bats in this series, and his batting average has been over 800.  When someone is that hot, you can't give him a strike, you just can't.  Someone needs to tell this to Contreras.  Earlier in this game, Millar launched 2 monsterous foul balls off Jose before getting nailed in the back by a curve ball.  Next at bat, Millar made him pay.  Thank you Kevin Millar.

Thank you Red Sox.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Timmy said...

nice blog...keep up the good work
http://getslaughtered.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home