Thursday, September 14, 2006

First of all…

Yes, I am still alive. For the first time since I started this blog, I didn’t post for an entire month. I guess August just wasn’t that exciting. Anyway, here’s what’s been going on.

The injury plagued Sox have been sucking. Playoff hopes are long gone. Ortiz probably should win the MVP, but he won’t. He recently jinxed the hell out of himself by saying he deserved it more than Jeter. Big no no big papi.

I was recently the best man at my friend’s wedding (there were 2 best men actually), and my speech killed. I had no idea I could be funny. Who knew? The next weekend I went to another wedding near Rochester, NY. I would guess that there are approximately 1 billion wineries in the area. I actually got to try wine flavored ice-cream. Yum.

I saw Starsailor live in NYC. I liked this band before, but after seeing them perform live, it’s a whole new experience. I’m almost obsessed now. Such a great live band. They have lots of live clips and music videos and a cool video diary posted on YouTube. Just search for “starsailor diary” and you’ll find it.

Along with Starsailor, I’m adding Margot and the Nuclear So & So’s to my list of Kick ass bands. Their debut album “The Dust of Retreat” is probably my favorite album so far from 2006, narrowly edging out Keane’s “Under the Iron Sea”. Although Starsailor’s “On the Outside” is creeping up the list. I highly recommend all 3 albums.

I’m so pumped that football has started. I love this time of year. When I can spend all Sunday on the couch watching football and not feel like a lazy bastard. It also allows me time to perfect my hot wings sauce. My first week of football picks did not go well (due to Miami, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Denver, Dallas and Washington all sucking), but I ended up breaking even since I hit a 3-team parlay. Hopefully this week will be a little more productive.

Our softball season ended a while ago. My team ended up going 5 – 8. Much better than our 2 – 10 mark last season. Our league is holding an all-star game next week, which I got voted to, so that’s exciting. I’m going to miss softball this winter, but I’m looking forward to snowboarding and ice-fishing soon.

So I guess that’s about it for now. I’ll post again soon so I can talk about the recent beers that I’ve been brewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home