Friday, November 02, 2007

Where did September and October go?

This has definitely been my longest time between posts. I'm blaming it mostly on my new World of Warcraft addiction (which deserves a post all on it's own). That stupid game is ruining me. Anyway, I just wanted to post an update on all things me. Here we go.

Favorite new Album: Spoon "GaGaGaGaGa". This album is awesome. I started liking Spoon when "Gimmie Fiction" came out (their 4th or 5th album I believe), but wasn't really hooked. This new album (ga...) is my new obsession. Spoon is such a unique band, it's nice to have something different to listen to.

Favorite new Movie: Superbad. This movie was hilarious. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I even named one of my fantasy football teams McLovin. Sounds like a sexy hamburger.

Fantasy News: Speaking of fantasy football. I decided to concentrate on 1 team this year. Of course my friends created 2 leagues so I had to join them both. To fix this dilemma, I made one team of entirely Patriots players (excluding Moss cause some jackass picked him in the third round). Anyway, my Pats team (aka McLovin), is currently 4-4 and has been in the top 3 teams in scoring the last 4 weeks! How awesome is that? That tells you how good the Patriots are this year. Even without their top receiver, I'm still topping the scoreboard in my fantasy league by only starting Pats players. It's awesome. I even beat the jerk to stole Moss from me on draft day. It was sweet revenge.

Good Books: I read a couple of books by Chuck Palahniuk recently (Fight Club, Survivor & Lullaby). They were all really unique, quite morbid and very fascinating. I think I need to move on to another genre for a little while before I decide to go out and shoot somebody.

Awesome Prediction: I was 100% right about Roger Clemens this year. Not that it was a tough prediction or anything, but it made me happy to see him struggle so much. I don't know what the Yankees were thinking when they offered him such a ridiculous contract. He's so old! On the other hand, I did like the cell phone commercial that he did. That was kind of funny.

Baseball news: Speaking of baseball, the Sox won the world series! This needs it's own post.

Basketball news: I've decided to join a basketball league here at work. Yeah, I'm starting to get older, and trips to the gym normally require a 2-day recovery period for me, but I think it will be fun. I get winded pretty quickly so hopefully I can get in the games, run around for a few minutes, then grab a sub before I pass out.

I guess that's it for now. Hopefully I'll post again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home