Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December ramblings

Who makes phone calls from a bathroom stall? I mean, what kind of person is sitting on a toilet, in a smelly office bathroom and thinks to them self "hey, now is the perfect time to make a phone call"? Someone in my office, that's who. I mean, couldn't the call wait 5 minutes? It's disgusting. Sometime I wish I could just unleash the most gawd awful sound from the adjacent stall while he's on the phone. Then maybe the person on the other end of the line would think to themselves "did this guy just crap himself?". That would make me happy.

Are the Sox getting Teixeira or not getting Teixeira? This offseason stuff kills me. I just want to know already. Who's taking over catching duties? I'm still surprised Veritek didn't accept arbitration. He would have gotten $10 mil for the season. Is anybody else going to give 'Tek that kind of cash? Way to screw him over Boras.

Friggin' salt truck drivers. I hate you. Don't you realize that if you drive too closely to another car, you will be in effect keying them? Keying people's cars is vandalism and illegal. I hate you salt truck drivers.

Is it possible to develop Alzheimer's at 28 years of age? I seriously cannot remember a thing. Is that normal? During a recent business trip, I checked my room about 297 times before leaving, yet still managed to leave behind my toothbrush and toothpaste. I often forget to feed my fish (yet they live forever somehow), I forget to watch my tv shows (thank god for DVDR) and I can't remember someone's birthday if my life depended on it. I can't imagine what I'll be like in 20-30 years.

I think I've developed a solid fantasy basketball game plan. No, it's nothing revolutionary or enlightening. It's more common sense, which I failed to use in previous fantasy seasons. Basically, you DON'T want to fill your bench with the "best available" guys available on the WW. Those are the guys who are not good enough to start on anybody else's team, which means they will most likely bring down your FG%, FT% and increase your turnovers. Instead, you want to fill your bench with backup players with high shooting percentages. You can play them anytime your starters have the day off and they won't hurt your team. They don't get as much playing time, which means they won't give you as many points/rebounds/assists, but you get that stuff from your starting lineup. Trust me, taking the top point getting from the WW is not always a good idea. Just remember Ben Wallace and you'll know what I mean.

6 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger JanuskieZ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home