Friday, October 24, 2008

The State of Ryan's Nation 08

Well, I almost made it an entire year without posting. I'm not really sure what to post about because so much can happen in a year. I guess I'll try to do a brief overview of some stuff.

The WOW addiction is over. I miss playing it, but it got so boring and repetitive that it wasn't much fun any more. I started playing a new game (Warhammer), but it's nowhere near as addictive. I'm lucky if I play once a week.

The Brew Crew softball team had a tough season. We lost some players, but still managed to finish in the middle of the pack. Hopefully next year our experience will carry us a little further.

The Sox just lost to the Rays in the ALCS. Truthfully, the Sox had no business taking that series to 7 games. Papi, Beckett, Lowell, Lowery were all hurt and Veritek was so bad I prayed Cora would pitch hit for him every time. The 7 run comeback game was amazing and so much fun to watch, but this Rays team is really good. I'll root for them to beat Philly in the World Series.

New shows I'm watching:
1) True Blood - Strangely addictive show about Vampires mainstreaming into society. An interesting concept that has me completely hooked.
2) The Life and Times of Tim - The most hilarious show I've seen in a long time.
3) The Wire - A truly great show. It's actually no longer on the air, but I've bought the first 4 seasons and watched them all within a couple months. One more season to go.
4) Fringe - New show from J.J.Abrams. Very Sci-Fi and far fetched, but I keep watching.

Still watching: It's Always Sunny, Entourage, Heroes, The Office.

Reading: Nothing at the moment. Been watching lots of TV and almost done with Season 6 of 24.

I've been running like crazy lately. I'm really trying to get my 5k time down and I've lost about 25-30 lbs along the way. I'm currently running slightly above an 8 min mile pace and my goal is to get under that. Gonna be tough with winter on the way.

That's it for now. I'll post again with some other stuff from this last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home